A School That Leads with Heart and Mind
Prepare, educate, and inspire every child, every day to become lifelong learners and leaders in a 21st century world.
“Until we get equality in education, we won’t have an equal society.” Honorable Sonia Sotomayer
EA Academy (Escuela Avancemos) is a K-6 tuition-free charter school located in the heart of Southwest Detroit. Our school “educates with love” by providing a unique experience for students through the “Expeditionary Learning” model. Students in Expeditionary Learning schools around the country are outperforming their state and district peers on standardized tests.
Learn more »
Project-based Learning Expeditions
- Curriculum Crafter: Michigan’s content expectations an exciting project is underway to align it to the national standards for each content area.
- Literacy Rich Learning: Focusing on developing reading and writing skills in alignment with state and national education standards.
- Applied Mathematics: Inquiry based math curriculum in alignment with state and national educational standards.
- Fieldwork: Allowing students to learn within and providing service to their community.
- Adventure and Environmental Education: Challenging students, fostering teamwork, and nurturing students’ understanding of nature.
- Integrated Fine Arts: Developing critical thinking and creativity within the curriculum.
- Social Studies: Focusing on placed-based education while maximizing our local cultural resources.
- Foreign Language Instruction: Emphasizing bilingualism (Spanish).
- Social and Environmental Justice: Developing and understanding of integrity, caring for others and the earth.