A School That Leads with Heart and Mind
Prepare, Educate and Inspire Every Child Every Day for Lifelong Success!
“Until we get equality in education, we won’t have an equal society.” Honorable Sonia Sotomayer
EA Academy (Escuela Avancemos) is a K-5 tuition-free charter school located in the heart of Southwest Detroit. Our school “educates with love” by providing a unique experience for students through the “Expeditionary Learning” model. Students in Expeditionary Learning schools around the country are outperforming their state and district peers on standardized tests.
Learn more »
Project-based Learning Expeditions
- Curriculum Crafter: Michigan’s content expectations an exciting project is underway to align it to the national standards for each content area.
- Literacy Rich Learning: Focusing on developing reading and writing skills in alignment with state and national education standards.
- Applied Mathematics: Inquiry based math curriculum in alignment with state and national educational standards.
- Fieldwork: Allowing students to learn within and providing service to their community.
- Adventure and Environmental Education: Challenging students, fostering teamwork, and nurturing students’ understanding of nature.
- Integrated Fine Arts: Developing critical thinking and creativity within the curriculum.
- Social Studies: Focusing on placed-based education while maximizing our local cultural resources.
- Foreign Language Instruction: Emphasizing bilingualism (Spanish).
- Social and Environmental Justice: Developing and understanding of integrity, caring for others and the earth.
2018-2019 Open Enrollment begins March 15, 2018! For more information stop by the main office or call (313) 596-0079.
Students will have clearly established means by which administrative due process is available for the protections of the individual’s rights. Due process procedures include: They must be fair. They must apply equally to all. They must be enforced in a fair manner, which involves: Adequate and timely notice with an…